When you register your vehicle with SGI, the license plate you are issued automatically provides a basic package of insurance. This package includes:
- coverage for damage to your own vehicle subject to a $700 deductible (on most vehicles)
- coverage for personal injury as a result of a vehicle crash
- $200,000 liability insurance for damage your vehicle may cause to the property of others or injuries it may cause to other people
You can increase the amount of your insurance coverage and lower your deductible by purchasing an auto extension policy
- New residents have 90 days after moving to Saskatchewan to switch to a Saskatchewan registration, however commercial and farm vehicles must switch their registrations immediately.
Visit our office to discuss your vehicle registration needs or visit www.sgi.sk.ca for more details.
- Call (306) 252-2282 or 1-888-265-5522 to register
- You will then receive an activation code via email
- Click the SGI on-Line Services link to the right side
- Setup your online account by clicking the “Register” button under the “MySGI” Heading. If you have already registered, click the “Sign In” button instead.
- Login: mysgi.ca
Explore the need for Auto Extension Insurance!
- Do you drive outside of Saskatchewan?
- Did you know you can be sued for more than the basic liability coverage of $200,000?
- Want to lower your $700 deductible?
- Do you rent a car while on vacation?
With an Auto Extension Policy..
- Pay as little as $10 per month to increase liability and lower your deductible
- Zero deductible for wildlife collision
- No need to pay additional insurance for a rental vehicle
- Purchase coverage for windshield replacement
- Purchase Replacement Cost coverage for your new vehicle
Protect your RIDE, whether it’s a car, truck, sled, trailer or motorcycle. No matter how you’re using your vehicle, let us help you get the right insurance coverage.
Visit our office to discuss your auto extension needs or click on the SGI Canada eQuote link on the right side panel. Visit sgicanada.ca for more details.
- Saskatchewan residents have a one-part driver’s license which is renewed every five years by the end of your birth month. A drivers license costs $100 if you choose to pay for the full term, or $25 each year.
- New residents have 90 days after moving to Saskatchewan to switch to a Saskatchewan driver’s license.
- There are different classes of driver’s licenses that allow you to operate different types of vehicles
- In Saskatchewan, all residents can choose the personal auto injury insurance that best suits them, either 1) No Fault Coverage or 2) Tort Coverage
Visit our office to discuss your driver license needs or visit www.sgi.sk.ca for more details.
- In the event of a collision, it is important to obtain the following information:
- Name, phone #, address and license plate # of other party involved
- Names and contact # of any witnesses can be beneficial
- Collisions involving injury, an impaired driver, hit & runs, death, vehicles that require towing or out-of-province vehicles MUST be reported to the police. Be sure to obtain the badge# of the officer and the report #.
- Claims can be reported to our office, on line at SGI’s Auto e-claim or call SGI’s dial-a-claim service at a claims center near you. You will need your drivers license, registration and extension policy # if available.
Call SGI’s dial-a-claim service at 1.800.667.6710
Disclaimer: Please be advised the above information is subject to change without notice by SGI Canada